Green Tea is a Powerhouse Superfood - #WellnessWednesday
Hello Beautiful, Handsome, Amazing, Wonderful, Magical, reader!
How are you? I hope your day has been as fabulous as you are! I wanted to come on and talk about a powerhouse superfood that has a ton of benefits! It's green, it comes in powder or leaf form, and if you couldn't tell by the title of this post, we are focusing on Green Tea today! It has so many health and benefits for us as whole people, and it isn't even funny! Everything from polyphenols, aka antioxidants, stress relief, and more! We are going to jump into the list of benefits right now!
Green tea, in some ways, gets a bad wrap for how earthy it is. I want to address this quickly before we jump into all the amazing things it can do. Some green teas tend to be earthier and more bitter than others. With teas like this, a lot of times, you have to try a few or more than a few before you find one you like. Now that we have that little disclaimer out of the way, let's look at some of the things this powerhouse can do for us, shall we? Green Tea can help us with the following,
1) Matcha Green tea is highly rich in antioxidants. It boasts the amazing fact of having 137 times more antioxidants than the average cup of green tea.
2) It is a great source of fuel when you need a little afternoon pick me up but don't want the crash that comes after having coffee or soda.
3) "Regular" Green Tea and Matcha Green Tea are both known to be wonderful for detoxifying our bodies. Green teas contain a high chlorophyll content which helps naturally remove chemicals from our bodies.
4) Green Tea lattes or Matcha Lattes made at home are a great replacement for coffee lattes if you're trying to reduce your coffee consumption. Not only does green tea have less caffeine than your typical cup of joe, but it is thriving with so many health benefits when it is made at home.
5) It can help with stress relief! Green teas contain an amino acid called "L-theanine" which can help promote calmness in our mind and body. This makes it a perfect thing to support our whole being!
6) Matcha has been shown to also potentially help in aiding an increase in metabolism in some individuals.
7) Due to their high antioxidant count, green teas are a great way to naturally support your body's immune system!
While these are just a few things Green Tea is capable of helping with, and it can also potentially help with preventing several things too! If you have never tried Green Tea before I would highly recommend giving it a try! Now, if you're someone who just totally can't step away from your routine cup of coffee, don't fret! You could mix green tea or matcha with your morning coffee for a Dirty Green Tea, or Dirty Matcha Latte!
Sending love and hugs your way!
The Inspiring Hummingbird!